March 18, 2013

Weekend Highlights

I'm constantly amazed by SoulMakes growth and evolution! It seems like we're always on a new adventure, from trying new jewelry making techniques to collaborating with new artist friends. Recently, we've been given the opportunity to get our hands on some brilliant new supplies..


Kingman Turquoise
For many thousands of years turquoise has been considered a very powerful stone. It has the ability to dispel negative energy, stabilize mood changes, instill inner calmness and it is known as a master healing stone. It can also be used in meditation to help clear and open the mind. Native Americans believed the strong vibrations of turquoise could build a spiritual bridge between worlds, the Tibetans before them and the Ancient Egyptians before them were all enchanted by this mesmerizing gem. Turquoise is a timeless love.

Turquoise Jewelry

These beautiful, rough nuggets come from the Kingman Mine in Northwestern Arizona. It is one of the biggest and oldest mines in America,  predating Arizona's statehood, it was founded in the late 1800's and was first discovered and mined by ancient Native American civilizations, long before Europeans discovered the New World. There are many different shades and variations of turquoise that have been produced by the Kingman Mine, these lustrous stones can be found in jewelry all across the world. We're so excited to introduce our very own collection featuring these amazing stones from a place so rich with artisan history.

Also, we were so happy to receive this amazing bikini from Mandalynn Swim over the weekend! We're so excited to feature it alongside our latest creations in our next look book.

Summer time

Check out this pic from Mandalynn featuring our Amethyst Garden Necklace, it's a perfect match!


Last, but not least, I traded in my Nikon for a Canon over the weekend. You can't even believe how unbelievable a thing this is for a longtime Nikon head to do. I am pretty excited to play with my new toy and now Trevy and I can share photo gear, since he shoots with a Canon 5D Mark II(it only took him 4 years to convert me). More on that later..

Hope you all had an amazing and wonderful weekend!

Love,
MacK Mars


  

3 comments:

  1. I never knew ANY of that about turquoise. No wonder it's one of my favorites! I don't own anything with turquoise at the moment, but now I know where to shop when I can! *hug*

    Congrats on the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tribal inspired jewelry! This post is so great. I absolutely love your blog by the way, so fresh and well done. I will definitely be following you via bloglovin, GFC, etc. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete