July 9, 2013

The Rocky Mountain State









Colorado was the last official stop on our adventure. We stayed for a whole week, it was so refreshing! Trev's mom, step dad and siblings live in Denver, we visit at least once a year. It was love at first sight for me, I always look forward to our annual trip. The scenery is undeniably beautiful, the sunsets are heavenly, the Rockies are majestic, best of all Trevor's family is so warm and welcoming. I love hanging out at his parent's house, it truly feels like a home away from home. I was especially excited to be there for Fourth of July again. The fireworks show at Civic Center Park is my favorite, complete with a live orchestra playing patriotic songs and a light show on the capitol building. (I have a serious soft spot for those tunes, when I was a kid, instead of lullabies, my Dad sang America the Beautiful & The Star Spangled Banner.) We got to spend some time wandering around Pearl Street Mall, one of my favorite spots to shop in Boulder and hanging out in Denver City. I love the way the city skyline looks with all it's tall buildings and even taller mountains. I love everything about the Rocky Mountain State and I can't wait for our next visit!

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!
Love,
MacK Mars


Follow SoulMakes on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are unreal, so so beautiful and what a fabulous time you two had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous photos! I've been living here for five months now and I hardly have any good photos. I wish I could vacation for like a week in my own city!

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing trip you two have had! Enjoyed all of your beautiful pictures as it is a "stay-cation" for us this summer. I'm guessing you have made it safely back home now?

    xxx ~
    Athena

    ReplyDelete