July 23, 2013

Lavender DIY(sort of)




All you need is:
 Some old cans and bottles (I have quite the collection) 
Raffia ribbon, dried moss (I got mine from Michael's)
Lavender bunch (Trader Joe's)
Scissors




So I didn't take step by step pics (kudos all you DIYers out there), because the steps are really pretty simple. Tie raffia ribbon around cans & bottles, I just used a simple knot. Then trim the lavender to the desired height (I also added some white flowers) and place the floral bunch in different kinds of vases. I hot glued the dried moss to the side of one of the cans, to give the appearance of over flowering greenery.



We got a little creative and hung them from the ceiling. We just punched holes on either side of the cans and used transite line (fishing line) to hang them, the clear string made it look like they were suspended in mid air, defying gravity.


I've been collecting old glass bottles for a while and I recently started to collect cans as well, in preparation for our wedding decor. I've been dreaming of all different types of white flowers, mixed with lavender for our big day! I stumbled across a lavender bunch at the store, so naturally I brought it home to play around with. I love the simplicity that lavender offers. Not to mention the soothing and calming smell. Lavender symbolizes the first emotion of love in the language of flowers. It has often been gifted as a promise of new adventure and it expresses devotion and purity. Lavender is the color of grace, elegance and uniqueness. It completely personifies romance, a perfect flower to celebrate our love. I imagine beautiful and delicate little bouquets lining the tables during our receptions, so magical.

I hope this inspires you all to to get some flowers and turn some common household items into vases!
Have a beautiful day!
Love,
MacK Mars


Follow SoulMakes on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I simply adore your photography and your logo and blog. :D Haha, everything, but I just found it and I am already in love. :) Keep reading!

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a gorgeous way to display lavender. Thanks for the great post! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. x

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great, it's so pretty! I wonder if I can find any lavender around here...

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I suggest that you also utilize the wonderful tin cans for decorative lighting? Fill with water and freeze first. Then draw a design (you're going to be making the design in dots, kind of like pointillism). Then follow the outline of the design and punch holes, using a nail and hammer (hence the need for freezing the water - this keeps the can from becoming malformed). When you're done with your design and the ice melts, you have a lovely punched tin receptacle for candles to glow. You can use wire to hang them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Trader Joe's! So funny that you post this as I was there last weekend and bought a potted lavender plant. :) I had lots of lavender in my wedding, my bridal party didn't have bouquets, just a nice bunch of lavender tied with ribbon. Love hearing about your wedding ideas!

    xxx ~
    Athena

    ReplyDelete