June 26, 2012

The soul mates behind SoulMakes

I just want to take a moment to thank Trevor - with out him none of this would be possible. This might get a little long winded...



It's an interesting thing embarking on a business adventure with your life partner. It wasn't like we sat down one day and said hey let's go into to business together and here's how. Actually it's not even that I sat down one day and said I'm gonna do this thing. It just slowly happened(and is still happening), one necklace at a time, one listing at a time. And the more I make, the more I want to make. Trevor has been a HUGE part of this from the very beginning. It started with encouragement; and later a photo shoot; and then, with out me even having to ask, he took responsibility for the all the web design and graphic design AND search engine optimization AND pretty much anything involving the interent, because admittedly I'm not very technologically evolved. Did I also mention that he takes the packages to ship out every morning?

UHG SERIOUSLY?! that jaw line...

It seems Trevor is not only super handsome but also creative and business wise. Me, I just know about making things with my hands. That's as far as I'd ever gotten. I don't think either of us had any idea how this dance would go, or maybe we both had ideas but didn't mention them to each other. That sounds about right :) We are pretty good communicators usually, but working together is a whole other story. We tried it once before actually, we had a small photography operation going and then one day I quit/he fired me. It was a mutual decision. Besides, he's a much better photog than I am <3 

So here we are again with SoulMakes. Even though I'm telling you right now that Trevor is a huge help, I sometimes trick myself into thinking that he's trying to control me. For instance, Trev will say "You need to do this...or that..." or "You should do this or that..." And for whatever reason I just stop listening after that because I think he's trying to take charge. You see, he's super successful at everything he does. He is the definition of "you can do anything you put your mind to" I so admire that, it's probably one of the things that attracted me to him. I saw that in him and I wanted it, because it's something that I've never really had. Mostly because I didn't think that anything I had was of any value. But he has such confidence! When he says those things, he's only trying to help and be suggestive, the truth is I hear it the way I hear because I'm afraid I'll never be as amazing as him! Luckily he's right there to tell me that I AM amazing, already. I'm starting to believe him...

The bottom line, this is something we both want. We want to share our creative passions with each other. And let's be real, men and women speak fundamentally different languages. But we want to learn each other's languages. As long as we remain willing to do that we will continue to grow together!

So thanks Trevor for being my partner in life and in business and also for having the patience of a saint.


<3,
MacK

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...what a sweet blog! Best of luck to you guys in whatever the future holds! xoxo The Keiths

    ReplyDelete