June 15, 2012

Handmade Love

I love being a part of the handmade community! To be honest, I sort of just discovered it. I grew up with an artist mother and so I have always approached the world with an "if I can make, why buy it?" attitude. And that's pretty much what I've done my whole life. I've made all kinds of things from jewelry, to sculptures, scrap books, photos, etc etc.. Making things it's very meditative for me, it's my happy place :) I was given this artistic talent and using that creative energy is my way of showing gratitude for it. So there's a lot of love and warm fuzzies that goes into each piece. I think that's why hand made goods feel so special to me, because I know that any artist must have put an immense amount of care into what they made, just as I do.

When I finally got up the courage to start my little Etsy store I was introduced to a whole new world. There are so many amazingly talented people out there making some seriously beautiful things. And the fact that I also get to read about the maker, see pictures of them, get to know them a little, makes the buying experience that much more special. We're so lucky we have all this stuff right at our fingertips. I could spend hours pouring through of it..Here's a few of my favorites..











lost in relocation

MacK <3

4 comments:

  1. yay! im dubbing this weekend craft weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #2 and #7. if you love golden hands too, watch out on ALEL. i'm featuring her in a mega-giveaway with prizes from 50 other shops in july!

    ReplyDelete