June 18, 2012

Weekend Recap- Thrift Adventure

We are so lucky in the DC area to have so many amazing vintage and thrift stores. This weekend a new thrift/consignment store opened, Buffalo Exchange. We first fell in love with Buffalo Exchange in Denver, Colorado. Trev has family out there, so we visit frequently :) And we were super excited to find that they were opening one right here in DC (14th St corridor). 


Trev and I both found some really great items. If you have a Buffalo Exchange in your area you should definitely check it out!!

and here's this furniture store we stumbled across, it felt like we had walked onto a 70's movie set..


We also stopped by another one of our FAVORITE vintage stores, Dr K's (U ST corridor)!




Dr K's is by far my favorite vintage store ever! This guy has an AMAZING collection of vintage levi's, graphic tees, tooled leather purses, luggage, dresses and do you see all those boots?! And I die over his framed vintage denim(pictured above) every time I go in. It's mostly men's apparel, with a small women's sections. But I don't care, I have never seen a more beautiful collection of Americana style vintage in my life. I should also mention that Dr K himself is very nice and extremely knowledgeable and his prices are great. We both walked away with some great items. OK you get it, I love Dr. K's. 

I'll be doing another post later with all our thrift picks from yesterday :) Stay tuned..

<3,
MacK


3 comments:

  1. OOoooOoooOoo theres some good looking clobber!! Me and my fella have plans to travel through america starting with an empty suitcase...and just hit thrifts stores along the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've found so many amazing gems! Those boots though. Oh, the boots...

    ReplyDelete