January 8, 2014

New Years Resolutions

I have a few simple New Years resolutions and I thought I'd share them with you all. I picked out some of my favorite SoulMakes items and of course, crystals, that I felt best represented my resolutions.

1. Give Back


I've been so fortunate to live a fairy tale kind of life and I think that kind of magic deserves true gratitude. I believe that gratitude is an action word, it's a readiness to show an appreciation for and return kindness. I think that when we put good energy out into the world, we receive good energy. I try to keep that beautiful cycle flowing by giving of myself whenever I can. If you haven't already heard, SoulMakes is working with the most amazing childhood cancer foundation and my dear friends, StillBrave. StillBrave’s mission is to provide non-medical, supportive care to children with cancer, and their families in the Washington, DC Metro area. StillBrave is committed to supporting the families of children battling cancer in any way they can. You can purchase the official StillBrave bracelet here, and SoulMakes will donate half of your StillBrave purchase to these beautiful children and their families. This is of course, just one of many ways you can chose to giveback!

2. Dream Big


I never imagined that at 25 years old I'd be the owner of a successful business, a design company no less, doing what I love every day. Believe me when I tell you, coming from where I come from, this is nothing short of a miracle. I never could have dreamt this stuff up on my own. I spent most of my life believing that I was not good enough to dream, let alone accomplish. It was a long road but one day I finally awakened to the fact that I am one of God's precious children, and so are you. I've always had a creative energy flowing through me, I just had to get out of my own way and have faith that I would and will be taken care of no matter what. This has been a dream come true kind of year and it's taught me to dream big!

3. Go With the Flow

This one is dedicated to my dear friend, Brian, who passed on the second day of the new year. May his memory be always a blessing. He lived in the Sunlight of the Spirit and he showed me how to let everything happen, Beauty and terror.


This is the big one for me. I am a person who's natural state is fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of change, fear of economic insecurity, fear of people. The list goes on. At times I'm even afraid of wonderful things! It's pretty hard to go with the flow and enjoy the moment when your paralyzed by fear. Over the last few years, I've been slowly learning to chose to live in faith and love, rather than fear. 2013 was a year of all new experiences and big life changing events, so you can imagine that fear was often an easy default. I'm still learning how to surrender. I'd like to make this year the year of now. I want to be present with myself in each moment, even the uncomfortable ones because fighting it only causes more discomfort. Instead of being wrapped up in the past or future, I want to present with myself when wonderful things happen and enjoy them thoroughly. I want to let it all happen, go with the flow. 


The beautiful Gypsy Goddess Wrap Bracelet is the perfect piece to adorn myself going into the new year. It features so many powerful stones. Including Labradorite, a stone for transformation and a good companion through out change, Moonstone, the stone of new beginnings, inner growth and strength, Pyrite for energizing vibes, Turquoise to dispel negative energy and so many more..




Do you have any New Years Resolutions?

Love,
MacK Mars

Follow SoulMakes on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. wauw great pictures! love the things you make! keep on going!
    happy new year! <3

    ReplyDelete