September 13, 2012

SoulMakes - Crystals

Have you guys seen the new line of crystal pieces appearing in the Shop?

Originally I was drawn to crystals merely for their shapes, colors and the fact that crystals seem to merge fluidly with SoulMakes aesthetics. Admittedly, I always felt like there was something sort of mysterious and mystical about crystals that seemed to hypnotize me. I'm always mesmerized by their presence. Certainly I've come across various ideas about the healing powers of crystals along my journey, which usually included words like "chakra" and "energy grid" that I don't really understand.

Eventually, after perpetually adorning my neck with various quartz especially tons amethyst, I got curious. Upon a little research into my most favorite crystal formation, amethyst, I couldn't help but wonder if it was more than a little coincidental that I couldn't seem to go anywhere without my amethyst Necklace



It turns out that the name comes from the Greek word "amethystos" which can be translated to "not drunken", from Greek a-, "not" + methustos, "intoxicated". A long time ago the Greeks believed that the stone could protect it's owner against drunkenness and intoxication. There's a few different versions of mythology behind this, but this holds particular intertest for me because there was time(a long time) of my life that was more or less ruled by drunkenness and intoxication. Today, I have not had a drink in almost 5 years. How fitting.. This is what my best friend would appropriately call a "spiritual conspiracy" 

In more modern times amethyst is said to be a remedy for those experiencing a lot stress, such as people with an excessive work ethic who seem unable to enjoy relaxation. Did I ever tell you I have three jobs and I'm the most restless person in the world, like a humming bird? Come to think of it, the idea of sitting still has come easier to me after some continual wear of amethyst.

And being a person who doesn't really believe in coincidences anyway, I think it's safe to say that it was not merely the shape and color of this beautiful stone I was drawn to, weather I knew it or not. 

Here's a few others in the new collection:


Turquoise is said to be a master healing stone, able to heal it's owner of various ailments, create calmness and dispel negative energy.





Do you believe in the healing power of crystals?

Hope your all having a great week!

<3,
MacK

1 comment:

  1. complete and total spiritual conspiracy. the best kind there is, love.

    ReplyDelete