October 17, 2013

Healing Crystals






Fall is a time of year when I need a lot of healing. I always enjoy the initial change of seasons, the cool breeze after a hot, humid summer and who doesn't love watching the leaves change colors, from green to bright red and orange. There is something so cozy about all of it. But inevitably, after all the leaves have floated away, the dark & dry days get to me. It's around this time that I find myself drifting towards these beautiful, healing crystals. 

I'll admit I'm no expert on the subject, what I know about crystals comes from my own experiences with them and a bit of reading over the years. It's no coincidence that I find myself, with little thought, decorating our home with pyrite, after all it's an energizing stone. If you're like me, the lack of sunlight at this time of year can be really draining, pyrite is the perfect remedy. I seem to naturally gravitate towards using crystals in my jewelry designs as well. We have some really gorgeous new necklaces handmade with these amazing stones, captured in a macrame style weaving. These creations were definitely inspired by the season! I'm really loving the citrine pieces. Citrine is a bright and joyful crystal, bringing light to many aspects of life. It is known as the "success stone" because it brings good fortune and luck to it's owners. You can read more about each of these beauties in our shop! We also have some stunning new wall hangings coming soon, handmade with larger citrine and rose quartz crystals, these beauties are adorned with feathers and shells. We can't wait to show you our home decor section (also featuring dream catchers!).


Have a beautiful day!

Love,
MacK Mars


Follow SoulMakes on Bloglovin

1 comment: