August 4, 2014

Sunflower Storm


















I'm wearing:
SoulMakes Bracelets, Necklaces & Diamond Ring
Spell Designs Eagle & Quartz Rings
Free People crop top & skirt
Vintage Concho Belt (found in Nevada)

Over the weekend Trevor and I drove out to one of our favorite local spots, McKee Beshers Wildlife Area. The land is covered in perfect rows of tall sunflowers. This year, we missed peak season, all the bright yellow petals had fallen away and the sunflower faces were turned down. Nonetheless, it was  beautiful to see them at this phase of life. There was a nice summer storm rolling in with big dark rain clouds. The sulky sky, with it's swirling cloud formations and the wilted flowers really seemed to compliment each other perfectly. I danced about in some of our newest creations, my favorite of which is a new collection of little layering necklaces. Enjoying the cool air that that the cloud cover momentarily provided, my husband and I snapped away, spending a creative moment together. It was a magical summer storm that came and went in the blink of an eye, but not before we captured some of that rolling thunder with our cameras. It remained mostly rainless, until we left the fields. I have always loved playing in the rain, especially at this time of year. Watching the sky take care of the land, seeing the Earth quench it's thirst so that it may flourish for us.. It's a truly amazing site to behold. In so many ways Trevor and I look to these instants as an example of how to best care for each other, a metaphor in nature made by our Creator. I cherish every moment that I get to witness Mother Nature adding a brush stroke to the painting that is our world.  

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Love,
MacK Mars

3 comments:

  1. This outfit is absolutely on point. Great photography and I LOVE the location as well! Your blog is very inspiring for me, I hope to have photos of this quality some day!

    xoxo Sara
    http://www.restlessnomads.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! IN LOVE with this outfit & location!! You look AMAZING! Being a married babe looks AMAZING on you!! Your posts this summer are perfection! SO inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purely magnificent. Love the sunflowers and how FREE these images feel.Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete