January 25, 2015

The Stock Yards



































Welcome to the Fort Worth Stock Yards! I was lucky enough to be in town at the same time as the rodeo. Although I didn't get to see any bull riding, I did get to see some real live cowboys herd cattle down the old cobblestone road that runs through town. It was the quintessential Texas tourist experience. The stockyards are lined with great little antique shops, boot stores and bars (some with very funny bar stools). When I imagine Texas in my mind, this is what I think of. There was also an amazing little record store, Chief Records, tucked away in a brick alley. Aside from being extremely aesthetically pleasing, with a mid-century lounge area and turquoise walls, this place had some great records! It was part country, part rock n roll and all good vibes. I only wish I lived in town so I could stop by to catch some of their live music events. If you're in the Fort Worth area, you should definitely check it out!

I had such a blast wandering around with my friend Ashley! She was an amazing tour guide and great company. I like to take a lot of photos, which sometimes annoys my friends, but Ashley is like me. Not only is she a Feather Junkie, she's a photo junkie ;) It was so awesome to hang out with another creative, small business owner and all around kindred spirit! 

Texas is so rad!
Love,
MacK Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment