May 18, 2012

Introductions!

Well here goes.. I'm MacKenzie, with a capital K, but I really preffer to go by MacK

And this is my lovely mom..She's my biggest inspiration. She is such a great artist! When I was kid she hand painted every wall in our house. We had flower covered walls lining the stair case and there was a beautiful sun over looking the kitchen table. She also turned the gazebo in our back yard into her cozy little studio, where she worked with dichoric glass, making necklaces and earings. I even fired a few pieces in the kiln myself. She taught me that I could use my hands to make whatever I wanted..and that it was ok to spill paint on the floor :)

We used to take trips out to WVA, where my grandparents lived, along the way there was this big teepee on the side of the road we always stopped at. The inside was filled with rocks, minerals, crystals, turquoise, and all kinds of southwestern beads. I instantly fell in love with the style and began making my own things.

You can see I'm still heavily influenced by the native culture and I have a serious thing for turquosie! Oh and skulls!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/98460524/long-native-american-necklace-with




And then there was Trevor…
Isn't he super handsome? Great jawline..I know. He took those lovely photos above of my jewelry. He's an amzing photographer and my biggest supporter! Man, I sure do love this guy. He is constantly encouraging me..usually to do things I'm way too afraid to do on my own, like start my own jewelry line or make a blog. SoulMakes would not be possible without him! And we make a great team, if I do say so myself. I make the jewelry and he does..pretty much everything else <3

Anyways, I'll be using this space to post lots of fun pictures of my latest designs and inspriation. You can visit the shop at www.soulmakes.etsy.com and give us a like on facebook..stay tuned!!



-MacK




4 comments:

  1. What a great first post!! Wow! Yeah youre going to fly sooooo so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'and that it was ok to spill paint on the floor'...love it! :)

    ReplyDelete