June 3, 2013

Great Falls
















Trevy and I had a beautiful weekend! We spent some time wandering around Great falls, a beautiful local destination that we frequent in the summertime. This particular trail is one of our favorites, known as Difficult Run. The Potomac River flows alongside the path, which in parts in rocky and requires a bit of light climbing. There are lovely little wild flowers budding about the lush green trees and small water falls that open up as you trek deeper into the woods. I love to sit by the falls and listen to the water rush down the rocks, there's something so soothing about that sound. This place is so special to me. I have so many wonderful memories here, laying out on the rocks, dangling my feet in the water, climbing the walls around the river. There is a perfect spot where you can swim through the falls. There is nothing more enchanting than standing inside of a water fall. This place is such an amazing little escape, I'm in awe of it's beauty, humbled by it even and it was so lovely to share that feeling with Trev as we walked around snapping pictures. What a beautiful world we live in, full of inspiration!

Hope you all had a beautiful weekend!
Love,
MacK Mars


Follow SoulMakes on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful! So miss having water of any sort, living in a severe drought state.
    I'm curious about the path with the fork in the road. Did you take the unobstructed route or jump over the log and continue on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing weekend and such beautiful photos. I need to make plans to go hiking much more often - it's one of my favorite things to do!

    Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com
    international giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete