August 9, 2013

Black & White









There is something so magical about black and white photos. Trev and I made sure to snap a few on our cross country adventure, these pictures are from Utah, Texas & Arizona. I think there's a hint of mystery that comes with black and white, it lends me the opportunity to use my imagination.  It allows me to really observe the small details, like texture, pattern and composition. The lack of color simplifies everything, leaving me curious, yet somehow these photos seem so complete and satisfactory. Not to mention, there's always a familiar sense of nostalgia involved, so I drift off to some other place and some other time. Magical..

Happy Friday!
Love,
MacK Mars


Follow SoulMakes on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Black and whites have a special place in my heart... Color photos are beautiful too, but there's something different about black and white photos.

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete