November 19, 2012

Weekend Update

Wow. What a wild weekend, some good some bad. If you've been following then you know we spent the weekend at The Merry Market in Fredericksburg..I'll start from the beginning, I headed out on Friday at 2:00 in the afternoon, Trevor was already there working on the set up. Half way through the drive, my car began to over heat in the middle of I95 stop n go traffic. I was having an issue with the car earlier in the week, it over heated whenever I was idle because the fan wasn't running to cool the engine, so as long as I stayed moving and it caught some wind everything was fine. But it was supposed to be fixed, I had taken it to the mechanic a few days before. Imagine my surprise. So what did I do? I rode the rest of the way with the heat on blast to keep the temperature down and prayed like no other, somehow I made it, in that sauna of a car, without over heating again. But you better believe every time traffic slowed down I just about had a panic attack.

Upon my arrival I helped Trevy put the finishing touches on the display..


I have the coolest Christmas tree ever, but don't tell my Rabbi.


Let the show begin! The first night was a charity gala, there was lot's of schmoozing, wine, cheese and pretty people. It was great. We made some sales and got a ton of compliments on our display..


The second day was open to the public, I'll admit the event wasn't quite what we were expecting, but we made a decent amount of sales and we learned a heck of a lot.


Also, on the second day, Trevy backed is his aunt's SUV(which she so graciously let us borrow to lug all our stuff in) into a brick wall. I got locked out of our hotel room. My favorite mechanic who is also my friend and neighbor gave us instructions on how to rig up my car with scotch tape and some wire to get me home and pretty much told me I'll need a new(er) car. OY VEYS! Oh and I decided that after standing for two days it would be a great idea to go to the gym, because I'm obviously insane. On the up side, my best friend came to visit us at our hotel..


On the third day, we packed up our stuff and had a nice big breakfast..


Doesn't Trev look great in the Crystal Fringe Necklace and the Bone Feather Necklace?!

Then we headed to our booth for the last day of the Market..

You can't really imagine how much goes into building these set ups. I mean it took Trevor probably 6 hours to set it all up. Then on the last day, your exhausted from standing for three days(and working out, because your insane) and all you wanna do is go home, but instead you have to spend another two hours breaking down. And that was a workout enough. Every part of my body hurts. Luckily, there was no traffic at all, and it only took 45 min to get home(thank G-d my car made it without any trouble), about another hour to unload the cars, and finally we treated ourselves to magnificent dinner and desert. All in all, it was was a great experience! We learned SO so much! This is gonna sound sappy, but I think the best part of it all was the large number of complete strangers that told us they were proud of us. We even had one customer who said she'd seen SoulMakes on the Merry Market website and she came out just to see us. That is unbelievably flattering. We met some really wonderful people, other artisans and business owners, as well as some wonderful new customers. Thanks for having us Fredericksburg!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

<3,
MacK

No comments:

Post a Comment