November 21, 2012

Word of the day

Remember a long time ago when I said I wanted to do regular Word Of The Day posts? Well here's another one..finally..

Ok, this is me last Thanksgiving completely unaware of what the next year would bring..


And the word of the day is: Gratitude. It's just that time of year..

Here's a list of things I feel blessed to have in my life, in no particular order:

1. A Higher Power who surrounds me with light and love and gives me the opportunity to live one day at at a time


2. Family

That's my big brother, he's the coolest! but I also have a mom, step dad, dad and step mom who aren't pictured and I love them all so very much! 

3. Friends, which is kind of the same thing as family in my world and since it was way too hard to choose a picture of my friends and also I don't seem to have one single photo with all my friends in it, here's some pretty flowers..

4. Of course, this guy..

I love you Trev!

5. The most wonderful, beautiful, comfortable home that I share with the most amazing partner in the world

6.  I almost forgot! This Thanksgiving makes two years smoke free for me! 

I was an avid cigarettes smoker for nearly ten years, sometimes two packs a day. I know, gross. I couldn't sit through movies or meals without getting up for a smoke break and if I went more than an hour without, I would experience pretty violent head aches, shakes and nausea. So quitting was no easy feat for me (I didn't do it alone). Since quitting, I've taken up some much healthier habits; with my new lung capacity I'm able to work out 5 days a week and there's almost nothing I enjoy more AND because of my exercise habit I now also eat pretty darn healthy! Quitting smoking had a great snow ball effect on my life..

7. The Shop, duh!


SoulMakes is a dream come true! I didn't even know I had this dream and now here we are with SoulMakes taking on a life of it's own. It's growing and moving in unimaginable ways and if you had told me last year that this is where'd I'd be, I wouldn't have believed you. So, so grateful!

The list could go on forever!

Here's the definition of Gratitude

Noun: The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness

I had to look around a little bit to find an appropriate definition that descried the word as more of an action than a stand-still feeling. True, I feel grateful, but gratitude is more than just a feeling. It's an attitude(I know, I'm rhyming..) and it's an action. To me, Gratitude is to give thanks...to give thanks. That means I'm happy to have received a benefit or a gift in my life and in return I'm going to share it with others! One of the greatest parts about that is that when I share these life gifts, they only seem to multiply in everyone's favor. It's a beautiful concept.

Having an attitude of gratitude helps me see the gifts in my life as gifts, instead of chores. Sometimes I forget that having a gym membership is a blessing that affords me the oppurtunity to take care of myself, rather than a chore I need to get done... OR that yes, I have a lot of orders to fill and even though I can't possibly imagine when I'll have time for anything else ever again, this is amazing gift and my dreams are coming true. When I forget what I'm grateful for I start to act out of fear and anger and that's a bummer for me and everyone around me. But if I can remain grateful throughout the day I get to act out of love and tolerance AND somehow I magically seem to tire less easily and become a more effective and useful human being. Amazing how that works!

Of course, here at SoulMakes we're super grateful for all the love and support we've received from our fans, customers and followers and friends, so we're kicking off our Black Friday sale a little early!


good for 25% off your entire purchase and free shipping!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

<3,
MacK

No comments:

Post a Comment