September 2, 2013

DIY Painted Feathers


All you need is:
Paint (I used acrylic)
Feathers
Paint Brushes



Bracelets by SoulMakes, rings vintage + Spell Eagle ring



I have always wanted to try painting feathers and it's surprisingly simple (although these are pretty amateur)! This lovely DIY was inspired by Free People. I recommend using white feathers because they'll take to the paint easier. Start with one color and paint the whole feather, or use a striped pattern (red, white blue). Then let the feathers dry, it only takes a few minutes, and add some detailed patterns to them. Have fun with it, don't think too much!

Then play around with your beautiful, colorful feathers.
I leather wrapped the end of one to make a key chain for my boring old keys..


Toss a few in an antique bottle and add the perfect pop of color to your window sill.

Attach one to your bag! I love this red, white and blue feather with my Spell bag!

I hope this inspires you all to get creative!
Have a gorgeous day
Love,
MacK Mars


Follow SoulMakes on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. beautiful project, I love it. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. You reminded me I have feathers I have been meaning to paint actually haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! So pretty. I think I may have to try this. Although, all the feathers around here are pigeon. :/ Probably pretty dirty too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peacock blue feather!

    www.vicange.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete