December 17, 2012

Weekend Update

This weekend was so awesome!! The international gem and jewelry show was in town, it's our favorite place to buy supplies for SoulMakes. It was extra amazing this time, there were so many beautiful rocks and crystals I could barely handle myself..




There was tons of Druzy everywhere, titanium quartz, rose quartz, smokey quartz, so much turquoise, and amethyst etc.. I got some cool new supplies and I can't wait to make some new items. You can definitely expect to see new items hitting the shop in the coming weeks..

I also celebrated my birthday! It's not until the 28th(three days after xmas), but every year for the last 23 years I've tried to celebrate on my actual birthday and it never works out. Everyone is out of town or busy with family and I get super bummed out. Since we're gonna be out of town on my birthday I figured maybe we could celebrate early!


That's my big brother. He's the best brother ever! Him and a buncha my friends came out to have dinner with us and it was a blast! It was definitely the best birthday celebration I've ever had. I feel soo grateful and blessed to have such amazing people in my life!


And I kept my hands busy all weekend filling orders..



Trev is in charge of packing them all up and getting them in the mail! 
He's basically Santa Claus.

Don't forget tomorrow is the last day for holiday shipping! If you want to receive your lovely SoulMakes packages by Christmas order now! 

Hope you all had an awesome weekend!
<3,
MacK

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new items! Happy early birthday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is magical! i have a dream to attend the tucson gem and mineral show at some point in my life. as far as i know there are no gem and mineral shows that come to my city, but there is a place a few hours away where you can dig up your own agate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early birthday, Mackenzie!

    Oh, jeez...I would go crazy at a vend show like that. Do they have an official name? Looks like an amazing place to stock up on supplies for the future goodies I have been dreaming of making. I love the craft shops, but only for hemp and wooden beads, or the occasional glass beads...their pendants just don't work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called the international gem and jewelry show! It travels all over the country, I'm sure there's one near you and I bet you'd love it!

      Delete
    2. Oh, squee! I actually looked it up right after I made this post. And darn it, their nearest stops are in Chicago...That's a six-hour drive from me and our cars are a bit too pooty and old to make such a big trip. Maybe by next year we will be able to make such a trip, because it's difficult to find anything over the Internet that sells gorgeous gems in stock like that. I'm so glad you mentioned them! I will certainly be dreaming often of this wonderful exhibit. <3

      Delete