April 30, 2013

Foxy Lady


Blue Moon

I decided to pick up some colored pens and paint markers the other day for a little experimentation. Until now, I've just been using black pens. I'm lovin' that extra touch the color adds. There comes a point in each drawing or whatever medium I'm using, including jewelry making, where the work is satisfactory to me, yet somehow unfinished. I've always struggled with the finishing touches, like the orange paint strokes around the fox.. I'm afraid I might ruin the piece, so I hold back. But I'm learning that perhaps it's only after I cross that line that the design becomes truly unique and truly a part of myself. I'm learning to trust the process, let go of fear and have a little fun exploring!

Blue Moon

This attitude opens me up for new inspiration and allows me to create new beauties, like the new Foxy Lady Bracelet (white version of version of our Black Magic Woman bracelet) and the gorgeous Wild Heat Turquoise Necklace. These lovely new gems will be in the shop soon!

Black Magic Woman

Hope you're all having a wonderful day!
Love,
MacK Mars


Follow SoulMakes on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. So inspiring!! I've been feeling like I need to get back into drawing and design...It's a passion long forgotten and I'm feeling a visit to the art store is in order..thanks for the inspo babe..love your work! xxxx

    ReplyDelete