February 26, 2013

Amethyst

Healing Stone

Amethyst is the birthstone of February! It may be a little late, but I thought I'd share a little about this amazing stone. Amethyst has many meanings, as well as healing properties.

Amethyst was named by the Ancient Greek people, the name comes from the meaning "without drunkenness." They believed this beautiful stone would protect its owner against intoxication and instill a sober mind. It was known to the Ancient Egyptians to gaurd against the feelings of guilt and fear. They used Amethyst to open up one's spiritual center and aid in meditation. It is also accepted as the Bishop's stone and is still worn by Catholic Bishops, symbolizing humility and wisdom. 

In more modern times Amethyst is used to help relieve stress, soothe irritability, balance mood changes and dispel anger, worry, and anxiety. It encourages selflessness and spiritual wisdom. It is a natural soothing stone and can help prevent insomnia. Still to this day, it is known as a strong protective stone, most notably protecting against addiction and warding off cravings. Amethyst is a healer of the body, mind and soul.

We have some beautiful Amethyst Necklaces in the shop right now, these lovelies are definitely big SoulMakes favorites!

Bohemian Jewelry

Amethyst is probably my favorite stone. It has much personal meaning to me. I first found myself mesmerized by its geometric shapes and variety of colors. I was in such awe of something so beautiful that was created by the Earth itself. Thus was born the first Leather Bound Amethyst necklace I ever made, which interestingly enough came to me in a dream (they say Amethyst promotes dream health). I later found out what Amethyst's meanings were, let's just say it all made perfect sense. Now I find myself growing more and more curious about the alluring power behind each different crystal I work with. It adds a whole new dimension to the making of my jewelry and to wearing it!

Bohemian Jewelry

Happy birthday to any February babies out there! Regardless of when your birthday is, a little Amethyst can enhance your serenity. Be sure to check out our collection in the shop and receive 20% off all amethyst items now through Sunday, March 3rd (11:50PM)

USE CODE: FEBRUARY

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!
Love,
MacK Mars


  

3 comments: