February 28, 2013

My Art History

Liquid Freedom



Making jewelry has become my passion, but for as long as I can remember I've been expressing myself through every medium possible. Painting is my true love or perhaps it's the paint itself that I love so much. Most of my paintings are nothing more than a basic experimentation with color. I think I've always admired the freedom of liquid matter, it can move about any which way, spread in all directions and merge with other liquids perfectly, which only seems to add beauty to it's contents. I love mixing paint, the ease at which my brush can turn two colors into one and then another amazes me. The opportunity to make any color in the spectrum baffles me in the best way possible. I love the way each color dances on the canvas, leaking into each other, hiding from one another, becoming a new, more intense version of itself. The practice of this art is like meditating for me. I don't seek to achieve any sort of accurate depiction or perfection. I go with the flow, I have fun, I relax. It's a wonderful feeling, one which I can't quite describe.










"Even now, all possible feelings do not yet exist, there are still those that lie beyond our capacity and our imagination. From time to time, when a piece of music no one has ever written or a painting no one as ever painted, or something else impossible to predict, fathom or yet describe takes place, a new feeling enters the world. And then, for the millionth time in the history of feelings, the heart surges and absorbs the impact."
-Nicole Krauss (The History of Love)

Hope you are all having a beautiful week and don't forget to check out our Amethyst Collection for 20% off!
Amethyst Jewelry

Love,
MacK Mars


  

No comments:

Post a Comment