March 13, 2013

Child The Living's Easy

Summer time, time, time
Child, the living's easy
Fish are jumping out
-Janis Joplin


Bohemian Fashion


Bohemian Style

I realize it's not really summer time at all yet, but we've had a few warm, sunny days lately, so you can expect to see some more outfit of the day posts finally! This outfit definitely made me feel a little like I was channeling Janis Joplin, perhaps it's those giant sunglasses.

OOTD

Boho Style

I'm wearing my favorite new Free People Shorts and old Free People Kimono, Black Hills tank from my favorite t-shirt peddlers at Bandit Brand, the amazing new Crystal Cowry Necklace and tall stack of bracelets are by SoulMakes of course, accompanied by a little Pearl. Love. and my favorite Eagle Ring by Spell Designs. Some of the new designs pictured below are hitting the shop this week! We're getting ready with a little Spring Cleaning Sale, so be sure to stop by and check it out!

Cowry Shell Crystals

I've never been much for having my photo taken. I'm quite shy and a little self conscious, but it's been really wonderful doing these little shoots with Trev, I'm getting to know myself in a whole new way. This morning, fellow traveler Helen of Gypsy Lovin Light reminded me of this quote by Marianne Williamson, which pretty much sums up my womanhood and gives me quite a bit of welcomed encouragement..

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?' You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."


One last thing, the winner of our Enchanted Pixie Giveaway is..

Winner
Congrats Hip Mountain Mama! You'll be contacted this morning with details!

Hope you all are having a fantastic week!

Love,
MacK Mars



  

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit! I can't wait to break out my shorts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I said omg Janis Joplin as soon as I saw the pics. Beautiful - love the clothes, jewelery, all of it.
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gorgeous! This is gorgeous! Love everything about it! Big love to you fellow gypsy sistar xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that kimono!!! I cannot tell you how badly I've wanted one of my own. Your fashion is so damn superb!

    ReplyDelete